- 20 Apr 2023
Terms of Sale
- Updated on 20 Apr 2023
Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations. In these Booking Conditions references to "you" and "your" include the first named person on the booking and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made or any other person to whom a booking is added or transferred.
By making a booking, the first named person on the booking agrees on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking that:
- he/she has read these Booking Conditions and has the authority to and does agree to be bound by them;
- he/she is over 18 years of age and resident in the Europe Union and where placing an order for services with age restrictions declares that he/she and all members of the party are of the appropriate age to purchase those services;
- he/she accepts financial responsibility for payment of the booking on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking.
We will only deal with the lead booking name in all subsequent correspondence, including changes, amendments and cancellations, whether you book alone or as a group.
Any person under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult on his or her journey. There may be other restrictions and conditions on some offers, but these are explained at the time of booking.
It is your responsibility to ensure the accuracy of the personal details or any other information supplied in respect of yourself and any other person travelling on the booking and for passing on any information regarding the booking or any changes made in relation thereto, to all persons travelling on such booking, for example schedule changes or copies of booking confirmations.
'https://www.weski.com' (the “Website”), is an online portal that lets you search for and book snow-ski and other package holidays that we have available for sale (the “Travel Services”). The Website is owned and operated by the Company and is used to display, offer for sale and sell Travel Services.
Our mailing address is email@example.com. You may contact us by post, email or phone, as provided in clause 21: 'Contacting Us.'
1. Booking and Paying for your Arrangements
A booking is made with us when you pay us a deposit (or full payment if you are booking within 90 days of departure) and we issue you with a booking confirmation. We reserve the right to return your deposit and decline to issue a booking confirmation at our absolute discretion. A binding contract will come into existence between you and us as soon as we have issued you with a booking confirmation (the ‘Confirmation Receipt’) that will confirm the details of your booking and will be sent to you.
When you make your booking you will be required to pay the full amount of the holiday price as specified by us or, if applicable, your travel agent when your booking is made. If it is not specified then it will be the amount that we ask you to pay when you book. Payment can only be made via the payment methods available and supported by us at the time of your booking.
The balance of the cost of your arrangements (including any applicable surcharge) is due not less than 90 days prior to scheduled departure. If we do not receive this balance in full and on time, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you in which case we shall retain your deposit.
The Confirmation Receipt will be sent to you within 3 days of payment of the holiday price being accepted by us. The Confirmation Receipt will contain lead names; flight times; flight numbers; departure and arrival airports; name of the air carrier; name and location of accommodation; other ground arrangements; total price of the package. You must contact us straight away if there is something that you need to correct, or if you do not receive a Confirmation Receipt within 3 days of payment of your holiday price.
At the time of your booking, there may be some arrangements that cannot be confirmed straight away, for example Accommodation via 3rd party. In this situation we may still issue a Confirmation Receipt, and a contract for the outstanding arrangements, which have not been confirmed on that receipt, will only be made when we have sent you written confirmation that those additional arrangements have been completed. If any change is required to any of the details discussed at the time of booking but before the Confirmation Receipt is issued, we will notify you promptly of such change, including a change to the total price (if any).
We reserve the right to correct any obvious error on the Confirmation Receipt, as soon as we become aware of it, and in any event within 7 days of issuing the Confirmation Receipt or, if your departure is within 7 days, no later than 24 hours before you go.
We endeavour to ensure that all the information and prices both on our website are accurate, however occasionally changes and errors occur and we reserve the right to correct prices and other details in such circumstances. You must check the current price and all other details relating to the arrangements that you wish to book before you make your booking.
The images presented on the Website with respect to the Travel Services are provided to us by the third party providers of the individual travel services that make up the Travel Services. There may be differences between the images shown and the actual appearance of the respective Travel Services.
Travel Services presented on the Website do not constitute an expression of our opinion regarding the quality of the Travel Services or their suitability to you, your needs and expectations.
It is a requirement of your booking with us that you and all other members of your party, including infants and children, have adequate holiday insurance. You must be satisfied that your insurance fully covers all your personal requirements including pre-existing medical conditions, cancellation charges, medical expenses and repatriation in the event of accident or illness. If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover, we will not be liable for any losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
4. Your holiday price
We reserve the right to amend the price of unsold holidays at any time and correct errors in the prices of confirmed holidays. We also reserve the right to increase the price of confirmed holidays solely to allow for increases which are a direct consequence of changes in:
- the price of the carriage of passengers resulting from the cost of fuel or other power sources;
- the level of taxes or fees chargeable for services applicable to the holiday imposed by third parties not directly involved in the performance of the holiday, including tourist taxes, landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports; and
- the exchange rates relevant to the package.
Such variations could include but are not limited to airline cost changes which are part of our contracts with airlines (and their agents), cruise ship operators and any other transport providers.
We will absorb and you will not be charged for any increase equivalent to 2% of the price of the Travel Services you have booked with us, which excludes any amendment charges. You will be charged for the amount over and above that. If this means that you have to pay an increase of more than 8% of the price of the Travel Services you have booked with us, you will have the option of accepting a change to another holiday if we are able to offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid, except for any amendment charges.
Should you decide to cancel, you must do so within 14 days from the date on your Confirmation Receipt. Should the price of your holiday go down due to the changes mentioned above, by more than 2% of your holiday cost, then any refund due will be paid to you after deducting an administration charge of £1 per person. However, please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place.
There will be no change made to the price of your confirmed holiday within 30 days of your departure nor will refunds be paid during this period.
5. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
These terms and conditions and the provision of our services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Netherlands. Notwithstanding the foregoing choice of law, a natural person using any of our services for a purpose which can be regarded as being outside their trade or profession (hereafter also referred to as "consumer") can rely on the mandatory provisions of the law of the country where they have their habitual residence (i.e. provisions that, in accordance with the choice-of-law rules of the said country, must apply regardless of this choice-of-law clause; hereafter: "Mandatory Provisions"). Any dispute arising out of these general terms and conditions and our services shall exclusively be submitted to the competent courts in the Netherlands. Notwithstanding the foregoing jurisdiction clause, a consumer may also bring proceedings in respect of enforcement of relevant applicable Mandatory Provisions in the courts of the country in which they are domiciled, and proceedings against a consumer may be brought only in the courts of the country in which they are domiciled. For consumers (in the European Economic Area): We advise you to first notify us of any complaints by contacting our Customer Service. If this does not resolve your complaint, you can upload your complaint via the European Commission's ODR platform. This platform for online dispute resolution can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/odr.
6. Cutting your holiday short
If you are forced to return home early, we cannot refund the cost of any travel arrangements you have not used. If you cut short your holiday and return home early in circumstances where you have no reasonable cause for complaint about the standard of accommodation and services provided, we will not offer you any refund for that part of your holiday not completed, or be liable for any associated costs you may incur. Depending on the circumstances, your travel insurance may offer cover for curtailment and we suggest that any claim is made directly with them.
7. If you change your booking
Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking or, if applicable, your travel agent. You will be asked to pay an administration fee of €50 per request of change, as well as any costs and charges incurred by us and/or incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers in making this change. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible.
If you wish to change your travel arrangements after our Confirmation Receipt has been issued, for example your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. When changing your holiday details, the price of your new travel arrangements will be based on the price that applies on the day you make the change. Where accommodation is priced according to the number of people staying there, and your party size changes, we will recalculate your booking cost based on the new number of people travelling, and this may increase the cost per person. This extra cost is not a cancellation charge, and it is not normally covered by insurance, however, please check with your insurance provider. Where we are unable to assist you and you do not wish to proceed with the original booking we will treat this as a cancellation by you. A cancellation fee may be payable in accordance with clause 8.
Transfer of Booking
If you are prevented from travelling then you can transfer your booking to another person, provided that the following conditions are met:
- that person is introduced by you and satisfies all the conditions applicable to the holiday;
- we are notified not less than 7 days before departure;
- you pay any outstanding balance payment, an amendment fee of £50 per person transferring, as well as any additional fees, charges or other costs arising from the transfer; and
- the transferee agrees to these booking conditions and all other terms of the contract between us.
You and the transferee remain jointly and severally liable for payment of all sums. If you are unable to find a replacement, cancellation charges as set out in clause 8 will apply in order to cover our estimated costs. Otherwise, no refunds will be given for passengers not travelling or for unused services.
We reserve the right to charge you any additional fees, charges or other costs arising from the transfer of your booking. We will notify you of such transfer costs in advance of the change taking effect. A new Confirmation Receipt will be issued in the name of the new person. Certain arrangements may not be amended or transferred after they have been confirmed and any alteration could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements
Certain arrangements may not be amended or transferred after they have been confirmed and any alteration could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements
8. If you Cancel your holiday
You, or any member of your party, may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. Written notification from the person who made the booking or, if applicable, your travel agent must be received either by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or on our website at https://www.weski.com/#cancel-trip. The notification must indicate the details of your booking and that you request to cancel it. Your notice of cancellation will only take effect when it is received in writing by us at our offices and will be effective from the date on which we receive it. Should one or more member of a party cancel, it may increase the per person holiday price of those still travelling and you will be liable to pay this increase.
Since we incur costs in cancelling your arrangements, you will have to pay the cancellation charges as follows:
|Period Before Departure in Which you Notify us||Cancellation Fees|
|61 days or more||30% of holiday cost|
|60 to 31 days||50% of holiday cost|
|30 to 8 days||70% of holiday cost|
|7 days or less||100% of holiday cost|
The deposit is non-refundable. The cancellation fees are calculated from the total cost of the holiday, and not from the deposit amount. Certain arrangements may not be amended after they have been confirmed and any alteration or cancellation could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements in addition to the charge above.
If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges
Certain arrangements may not be amended after they have been confirmed and any alteration or cancellation could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements in addition to the charge above.
Where possible, we will deduct the cancellation charge(s) from any monies you have already paid to us.
Once your booking has been cancelled you will receive a cancellation receipt within 14 days. If you do not receive such cancellation receipt, then please contact us as soon as the 14 day period has expired.
Cancellation by You due to Unavoidable & Extraordinary Circumstances:
You have the right to cancel your confirmed holiday before departure without paying a cancellation charge in the event of “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” occurring at your holiday destination or its immediate vicinity and significantly affecting the performance of the holiday or significantly affecting the transport arrangements to the destination. In these circumstances, we shall provide you with a full refund of the monies you have paid but we will not be liable to pay you any additional compensation. For the purposes of this clause, “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” means warfare, acts of terrorism, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination.
This clause 8 outlines the rights you have if you wish to cancel your booking. Please note that there is no automatic statutory right of cancellation under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
9. If We change or cancel your holiday
As we plan your holiday arrangements many months in advance we may occasionally have to make changes or cancel your booking and we reserve the right to do so at any time.
Changes: If we make a minor change to your holiday, we will make reasonable efforts to inform you or your travel agent as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure but we will have no liability to you. Examples of minor changes include alteration of your outward/return flights by less than 12 hours, changes to aircraft type, change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard, changes of carriers. Please note that carriers such as airlines used in the brochure may be subject to change.
Occasionally we may have to make a significant change to your confirmed arrangements. Examples of “significant changes” include the following, when made before departure:
- A change of accommodation area for the whole or a significant part of your time away.
- A change of accommodation to that of a lower standard or classification for the whole or a significant part of your time away.
- A change of outward departure time or overall length of your arrangements by more than 12 hours.
- A significant change to your itinerary, missing out one or more destination entirely.
Cancellation: We will not cancel your travel arrangements less than 12 weeks before your departure date, except for reasons of Events Beyond Our Control or failure by you to pay the final balance. We may cancel your holiday before this date if, the minimum number of clients required for a particular travel arrangement is not reached.
If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible and if there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of:
- (for significant changes) accepting the changed arrangements; or
- having a refund of all monies paid; or
- if available and where we offer one, accepting an offer of an alternative holiday (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value).
You must notify us of your choice within 7 days of our offer. If we do not hear from you within 7 days, we will contact you again to request notification of your choice. If you fail to respond again, we will assume that you have chosen to accept the change or alternative booking arrangements.
Insurance: If we cancel or make a significant change and you accept a refund, we will provide a full refund of your travel insurance premiums if you paid them to us and can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
Compensation: If we cancel or make a significant change that you do not accept, we will pay compensation as detailed below. The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so.
|Period before departure in which we notify you||Amount you will receive from us|
|84 days or more||€0|
|83 to 29 days||€10|
|28 to 15 days||€20|
|14 to 8 days||€30|
|7 to 0 days||€40|
We will not pay you compensation in the following circumstances:
(a) where we make a minor change;
(b) where we make a significant change or cancel your arrangements more than 90 days before departure;
(c) where we make a significant change and you accept those changed arrangements or you accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements;
(d) where we have to cancel your arrangements as a result of your failure to make full payment on time;
(e) where the change or cancellation by us arises out of alterations to the confirmed booking requested by you;
(f) where we are forced to cancel or change your arrangements due to Events Beyond Our Control
If we become unable to provide a significant proportion of the arrangements that you have booked with us after you have departed, we will, if possible, make alternative arrangements for you at no extra charge and where those alternative arrangements are of a lower standard, provide you with an appropriate price reduction.
10. Events Beyond Our Control
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Booking Conditions we will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by “Events Beyond our Control”. For the purposes of these Booking Conditions, Events Beyond Our Control means any event beyond our or our supplier’s control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Examples include warfare and acts of terrorism (and threat thereof), civil strife, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination or remain at the travel destination, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, labour strikes, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster, unavoidable technical problems with transport and all similar events outside our or the supplier(s) concerned’s control.
If, while you are at the travel destination, you are unable to participate in planned activities because of adverse weather conditions, we regret we will be unable to provide any refund as these circumstances are beyond our control, and we suggest you make a claim on your travel insurance.
11. Special Requests
Any special requests must be advised to us at the time of booking e.g. diet, room location, a particular facility at a hotel etc. You should then confirm your requests in writing. Whilst every effort will be made by us to try and arrange your reasonable special requests, we cannot guarantee that they will be fulfilled. The fact that a special request has been noted on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation or that it has been passed on to the supplier is not confirmation that the request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part unless the request has been specifically confirmed by us. We do not accept bookings that are conditional upon any special request being met.
12. Disabilities and Medical Problems
We are not a specialist disabled holiday company, but we will do our utmost to cater for any special requirements you may have. If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your booking, please provide us with full details before you make your booking so that we can try to advise you as to the suitability of your chosen arrangements. We may require you to produce a doctor’s certificate certifying that you are fit to participate. Acting reasonably, if we are unable to properly accommodate the needs of the person(s) concerned, we will not confirm your booking or if you did not give us full details at the time of booking, we will cancel it and impose applicable cancellation charges when we become aware of these details.
13. If you have a complaint
If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (for example, your hotelier) immediately who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to our Customer Services Team by email at email@example.com, or by telephone: +31 (0)85 208 3653 giving your booking reference and all other relevant information.
Please keep your letter concise and to the point. It is strongly recommended that you communicate any complaint to the supplier of the services without delay. If you fail to follow this simple procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you are on holiday and this may affect your rights under this contract.
You can also access the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) platform at http://ec.europa.eu/consumer/odr. This ODR platform is a means of registering your complaint with us; it will not determine how your complaint should be resolved.
14. Our Responsibilities
- We will accept responsibility for the arrangements we agree to provide or arrange for you as an “organiser” under the Package Holidays and Travel Trade Act, 1995, as set out below and as such, we are responsible for the proper provision of the travel services specifically included in your package, as set out in your Confirmation Receipt and the information we provided to you regarding the services prior to booking. Please note that we shall not be responsible for any additional services provided to you, whether provided by the travel service providers or otherwise, which are not set out in your Confirmation Receipt and the information we provided to you regarding the services prior to booking.
- We will not be responsible or pay you compensation for any personal injury or death unless you are able to prove that it was caused by our negligence or the negligence of our suppliers.
- We will not be responsible or pay you compensation for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage, expense, cost or other claim of any description if it results from:
- the acts and/or omissions of the person affected; or
- the acts and/or omissions of a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable; or
- Events Beyond Our Control (as defined in clause 10).
- We limit the amount of compensation we may have to pay you if we are found liable under this clause:
- loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions and money: the maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is an amount equivalent to the excess on your insurance policy which applies to this type of loss per person in total because you are required to have adequate insurance in place to cover any losses of this kind.
- Claims not falling under (a) above and which don’t involve injury, illness or death: the maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is up to three times the price paid by or on behalf of the person(s) affected in total. This maximum amount will only be payable where everything has gone wrong and you or your party has not received any benefit at all from your booking.
- **Claims in respect of international travel by air, sea and rail, or any stay in a hotel: **
- The extent of our liability will in all cases be limited as if we were carriers under the appropriate Conventions, which include The Warsaw/Montreal Convention (international travel by air); The Athens Convention (with respect to sea travel); The Berne/Cotif Convention (with respect to rail travel) and The Paris Convention (with respect to hotel arrangements). You can ask for copies of these Conventions from our offices. Please contact us. In addition, you agree that the operating carrier or transport company's own 'Conditions of Carriage' will apply to you on that journey. When arranging transportation for you, we rely on the terms and conditions contained within these international conventions and those 'Conditions of Carriage'. You acknowledge that all of the terms and conditions contained in those 'Conditions of Carriage' form part of your contract with us, as well as with the transport company and that those 'Conditions of Carriage' shall be deemed to be included by reference into this contract.
- In any circumstances in which a carrier is liable to you by virtue of EC 261/2004 (denied boarding and flight disruption), any liability we may have to you under our contract with you, arising out of the same facts, is limited to the remedies provided under the Regulation as if (for this purpose only) we were a carrier.
- When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from the transport provider or hotelier for the complaint or claim in question.
- Subject to these Booking Conditions, if we or our suppliers negligently perform or arrange those services set out in the Confirmation Receipt and the information we provided to you regarding the services prior to booking and we don’t remedy or resolve your complaint within a reasonable period of time, and this has affected the enjoyment of your package holiday you may be entitled to an appropriate price reduction or compensation or both. You must inform us without undue delay of any failure to perform or improper performance of the travel services included in this package. The level of any such price reduction or compensation in respect of any claim for damages or compensation whatsoever will be calculated taking into consideration all relevant factors such as but not limited to: following the complaints procedure as described in these Booking Conditions and the extent to which ours or our employees’ or suppliers’ negligence affected the overall enjoyment of your holiday. Please note that it is your responsibility to show that we or our supplier(s) have been negligent if you wish to make a claim against us
- It is a condition of our acceptance of liability under this clause that you notify any claim to us and our supplier(s) strictly in accordance with the complaints procedure set out in these conditions.
- Where any payment is made, the person(s) receiving it (and their parent or guardian if under 18 years) must also assign to us or our insurers any rights they may have to pursue any third party and must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require.
- Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss or expense or other sum(s) of any description:
- which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you;
- relate to any business;
- indirect or consequential loss of any kind.
- We will not accept responsibility for services or facilities which do not form part of our agreement or where they are not advertised in our brochure. For example any excursion you book whilst away, or any service or facility which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you.
- Where it is impossible for you to return to your departure point as per the agreed return date of your package, due to “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances”, we shall provide you with any necessary accommodation (where possible, of a comparable standard) for a period not exceeding three nights per person. Please note that the 3 night cap does not apply to persons with reduced mobility, pregnant women or unaccompanied minors, nor to persons needing specific medical assistance, provided we have been notified of these particular needs at least 48 hours before the start of your holiday. For the purposes of this clause, “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” mean warfare, acts of terrorism, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely back to your departure point.
15. Prompt assistance whilst on holiday
If, whilst you are on holiday, you find yourself in difficulty for any reason, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is appropriate in the circumstances. In particular, we will provide you with appropriate information on health services, local authorities and consular assistance, and assistance with distance communications and finding alternative travel arrangements. Where you require assistance which is not owing to any failure by us, our employees or sub-contractors we will not be liable for the costs of any alternative travel arrangements or other such assistance you require. Any supplier, airline or other transport supplier may however pay for or provide refreshments and/or appropriate accommodation and you should make a claim directly to them. Subject to the other terms of these Booking Conditions, we will not be liable for any costs, fees or charges you incur in the above circumstances, if you fail to obtain our prior authorisation before making your own travel arrangements. Furthermore, we reserve the right to charge you a fee for our assistance in the event that the difficulty is caused intentionally by you or a member of your party, or otherwise through your or your party’s negligence.
16. Passport, visa and immigration requirements
It is your responsibility to check and fulfil the entry, passport, visa, health and immigration requirements applicable to your itinerary. We can only provide general information about this. You must check requirements for your own specific circumstances with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates and your own doctor as applicable. Requirements do change and you must check the up to date position in good time before departure.
Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. If your passport is in its final year, you should check with the Embassy of the country you are visiting. For further information for contact the Department of Foreign Affairs:
- Ireland: www.dfa.ie/travelwise
- Netherlands: https://www.government.nl/ministries/ministry-of-foreign-affairs/contact
For European travel you should obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) prior to departure.
We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel, or incur any other loss because you have not complied with any entry, passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities. You agree to reimburse us in relation to any fines or other losses which we incur as a result of your failure to comply with any entry passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities.
17. Conditions of Suppliers
Many of the services which make up your holiday are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions which will form part of your contract with us. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from us or the supplier concerned.
Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your package holiday provided by us. For any excursion or other tour that you book, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion or tour and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
19. Your financial protection
Directive (EU) 2015/2302 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2015 on package travel and linked travel arrangements, requires us to provide security for the package holidays booked with us and for your repatriation in the event of our insolvency.
Stichting Garantiefonds Reisgelden (SGR) – Dutch Travel Refund Guarantee Fund
WeSki Europe BV (Chamber of Commerce registration number no. 87334100) is a registered participant. You can verify this on https://www.sgr.nl/wp/english/.
Package Holidays listed on this website are covered by SGR’s guarantee, within the terms of the SGR guarantee scheme. Under SGR’s guarantee, consumers shall have their prepaid travel sum refunded if their counterparty is unable to fulfil its contractual obligations due to financial inability. Insofar as the agreement includes the transport and the destination has already been reached, the return trip will be arranged.
Vouchers and gift cards are not covered by the Fund.
The SGR is a Dutch fund, but the contribution and cover apply to all consumers irrespective of their country of residence.
SGR Contact Details:
- Address: Admiraliteitskade 73, 3063 ED Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Phone: +31 10 414 6377
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you book arrangements other than package holiday from us, your monies will not be financially protected. Please ask us for further details.
20. Conduct while travelling
All our customers are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly and acceptable manner and not to disrupt the enjoyment of others. If we, or our third party suppliers or another person in authority, believes your behaviour is disruptive, causes unnecessary inconvenience, is threatening or abusive, likely to damage property, upset, annoy, disturb, or put any other traveller or our staff in the UK in any risk or danger, then we reserve the right to refuse to accept you as a customer or to terminate your booking with us immediately.
In the event of such termination our liability to you and/or your party will cease and you and/or your party will be required to leave your accommodation or other arrangements immediately. We will have no further obligations to you and/or your party. No refunds for lost accommodation or any other arrangements will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of termination. You and/or your party may also be required to pay for loss and/or damage caused by your actions and we will hold you and each member of your party jointly and individually liable for any damage or losses caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or losses must be paid directly to the hotel manager or other supplier prior to departure. If you fail to make payment, you will be responsible for meeting any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against us as a result of your actions together with all costs we incur in pursuing any claim against you.
We cannot be held responsible for the actions or behaviour of other guests or individuals who have no connection with your booking arrangements or with us.
If, for reasons of your behaviour and conduct, you are prevented from boarding your outbound flight from the UK, then your booking will be treated as if it was cancelled by you, and you will be required to pay cancellation charges (see section 8). If you are prevented from boarding your return flight back to the UK for reasons of disruptive behaviour, then it is your responsibility to find alternative arrangements to return home. Any other members of your group who cannot or will not travel without you, will also be required to find alternative travel arrangements. We will not be liable for any refund, or compensation or any costs or expenses you or other members of your group incur.
If an airline refuses carriage of you because of your disruptive behaviour, then the airline can pass your details, as well as the reason for refusal of carriage, to other airlines for information and safety reasons. This could cause difficulties for any future bookings with other airlines, as well as with us.
Where your behaviour and conduct is found to be unacceptable, no refunds or compensation will be paid to you and we reserve the right to make a claim against you for any damages, costs and expenses (including legal expenses) incurred as a result of your behaviour. This can include the repair or replacement of lost or damaged property, compensating all those that are affected by your behaviour, and the costly expense of diverting the aircraft to remove you from the aircraft. Criminal proceedings may also be instigated.
21. Contacting us
You can reach us by post at: Mr D.U. Stikkerstraat 10, 6842CW, Arnhem, Netherlands, by email at email@example.com or by telephone at +31 (0)85 208 3653..
22. Delays, Missed Transport and Other Travel Information
You are responsible for confirming your flight according to the instructions provided on your flight ticket prior to departure.
If you or any member of your party misses your flight or other transport arrangement, it is cancelled or you are subject to a delay of over 3 hours for any reason, you must contact us and the airline or other transport supplier concerned immediately.
Under EU Regulation 261/04 you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from the airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details of these rights will be publicised at EU airports and will also be available from airlines. If the airline does not comply with these rules you should complain to the relevant National Enforcement Body. Reimbursement in such cases is the responsibility of the airline and will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday price from us. If, for any reason, you do not claim against the airline and make a claim for compensation from us, you must, at the time of payment of any compensation to you, make a complete assignment to us of the rights you have against the airline in relation to the claim that gives rise to that compensation payment. A delay or cancellation to your flight does not automatically entitle you to cancel any other arrangements even where those arrangements have been made in conjunction with your flight.
We cannot accept liability for any delay which is due to any of the reasons set out in clause 10 of these Booking Conditions (which includes the behaviour of any passenger(s) on any flight who, for example, fails to check in or board on time).
The carrier(s), flight timings and types of aircraft shown in this brochure or on our website and detailed on your confirmation invoice are for guidance only and are subject to alteration and confirmation. We shall inform you of the identity of the actual carrier(s) as soon as we become aware of it. The latest flight timings will be shown on your tickets which will be despatched to you approximately two weeks before departure. You should check your tickets very carefully immediately on receipt to ensure you have the correct flight times. If flight times change after tickets have been dispatched we will contact you as soon as we can to let you know.
Identity of Air Carriers
We are obliged to inform you, at the time of booking, of the identity of the operating carrier(s) which is/are due to perform, or likely to perform, your flight and if there are any changes to the operating air carrier(s) we are obliged to inform you of any such change(s) as soon as possible. If we don’t know the identity of the operating carrier(s) at the time of booking, we must inform you of same as soon as such identity is established. In all cases, we are obliged to inform you of the identity of the operating air carrier at check-in or on boarding, where no check-in is required for a connecting flight. In accordance with EU Directive- (EC) No. 2111/2005, we are required to bring to your attention the existence of a ‘Community Blacklist’ which contains details of air carriers that are subject to an operating ban within the EU Community. The EU Community list is available for inspection at https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/transport/files/air-safety-list
This website is our responsibility, as your tour operator. It is not issued on behalf of, and does not commit the airlines mentioned herein or any airline whose services are used in the course of your travel arrangements.
23. Advance Passenger Information
24. Governmental Foreign Travel Advice
You are responsible for making yourself aware of Foreign Travel Advice issued by the relevant governmental body in your country of residence advice in regard to the safety of the countries and areas in which you will be travelling and to make your decisions accordingly. Foreign Travel Advice from a governemental body in your country of residence to avoid or leave a particular country may constitute Events Beyond Our Control. (See clause 10).